This job is archived
Delivery Driver/ Warehouse Associate (Class A or B CDL)
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you enjoy interacting and meeting new people while working independently in a hands-on, physical and fast paced position? We currently have an opening for a full-time Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate!
The MANNA Driver/Associate is a unique position which is responsible for local, intrastate and interstate transporting and handling of product as well as performing warehousing duties, product ordering, inventory, loading and offloading of product for distribution. Enjoy the beauty of western North Carolina while making a meaningful difference in the lives of your community!
Mission: MANNA’s mission is to involve, educate, and unite people in the work of ending hunger in Western North Carolina Vision: A hunger-free Western North Carolina
Position Summary: The Driver/ Warehouse Associate is responsible for local, intrastate and interstate transporting and handling of MANNA FoodBank product as well as performing warehousing duties as described below. This position receives direction from the Warehouse Manager. In the absence of the Warehouse Manager the driver then reports to the Director of Operations. Compensation and Benefits: MANNA is excited to offer this position at a starting salary of $18 - 20/hour depending on CDL license and years of experience. In addition to competitive wages, we also offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company match up to 3%, STD and LTD insurance, flexible schedule, paid holidays, lunches and breaks, and more!
Come join our team and receive a $1000 sign-on bonus after the first 90 days!
MANNA embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity by creating an environment of mutual respect, transparency, and sharing of different opinions and ideas. MANNA’s goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented and diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. The celebration of inclusivity and diversity is essential to helping MANNA achieve its mission to involve, educate, and unite all people in the work of ending hunger in Western North Carolina.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes local pickups and deliveries of donated product.
- Assist in general warehouse duties including (but not limited to): order picking; product repack/ restack; restocking; inventory control.
- Must be able to maintain requirements for North Carolina Commercial Driving License (Class A or B, no restrictions) and all DOT FMCSA regulations.
- Must have the ability to operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner at all times.
- Makes pickups and deliveries to other food banks and donors within North Carolina and surrounding states.
- Verifies counts of product being picked up or delivered with corresponding documents (bills of lading, invoices, transfer sheets, receipts, etc.)
- Receives in donated product from daily pickups via MANNA’s computerized inventory system.
- Submits such documents to appropriate staff; oversees proper loading of vehicle with regard to weight distribution/capacity and securing of load.
- Maintains accurate mileage, maintenance and vehicle inspection logs to ensure that vehicles are in safe, dependable operating condition.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on all MANNA vehicles.
- Communicates any vehicle problems or concerns with the Facilities & Safety Manager as soon as possible so that appropriate repairs may be made.
- Perform duties associated with assigned Mobile Delivery routes including: overseeing proper loading of vehicle with regard to weight distribution, securing load, and delivery sequence, overseeing temperature control of product, confirming all scheduled orders are on board, physically offloading all product on board, verifying delivery of product on order sheets and submitting completed order sheets for invoicing to appropriate staff.
- Assist in unloading incoming product, completion of related paperwork and storing product in designated locations under direction of Warehouse Manager. Assist in loading outgoing product for mobile deliveries, shipment to other food banks and transfers to other MANNA storage/distribution sites, along with completion of related paperwork (order sheets, invoices and transfer sheets).
- Assist in general warehouse maintenance including (but not limited to): sweeping, mopping, pest control duties, equipment safety checks, daily temperature logs.
- Assist other MANNA staff in any areas related to food drives, fund raising, and other special events as deemed necessary by Warehouse Manager.
- Assists in daily implementation and practice of AIB standards in order to ensure food safety and good sanitation practices throughout MANNA FoodBank.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- High school graduate or GED required
- Must provide proof of and maintain current, valid North Carolina Commercial Driver License (Class A preferred or Class B; no restrictions) with clean MVR and current, valid auto insurance
- Must provide proof and maintain current, valid medical certification as required for DOT licensing
- Must meet all DOT FMCSA regulations
- Must be able to operate in a constant state of alertness, and in a safe manner
- Must be able to navigate and make deliveries/pickups in a timely, effective manner
- Must be able to maintain accurate, legible invoices, receipts, and related paperwork
- Basic computer knowledge highly preferred; experience with bar-code scanning is a plus
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact with diverse populations of volunteers, staff, donors and agency representatives in a courteous and professional manner
- Prior experience working in a warehouse environment or with warehouse equipment (e.g. forklifts, pallet jacks, reach trucks) highly preferred
- Outstanding Customer Service abilities and a positive attitude
- Must be dependable
- Enjoys working with people
- A desire to educate and inspire others in the mission of Manna FoodBank
The Driver position will also have frequent warehouse exposure. This setting that can be at times, hot or cold depending on the season. This is a fast-paced hands-on physical work environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to moderately loud within the Warehouse. Physical Demands: The physical demands required are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The physical demands of this position are very heavy work. This position requires exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. This includes lifting/carrying weights in excess of 50lbs frequently and lifting up to 100lbs occasionally. Additionally, this position requires the operation of a manual pallet jacks with the ability to manage loads in excess of 2000lbs frequently. This includes pushing and pulling of product throughout the warehouse and loading and unloading vehicles utilizing lift gates. While performing job duties the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and bend, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required the visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and heavy equipment, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Travel: Driver will make local pickups and deliveries of donated product; delivers product to MANNA FoodBank partner agencies; makes pickups from and deliveries to other food banks and donors within North Carolina and surrounding states.
Schedule: Typical schedule is Mon-Fri with flexibility to work some nights or weekends for special events or as the position needs dictate. MANNA currently offers options for a 4-day work week with rotating weekday + weekends off.
In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency or order, MANNA FoodBank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all employees may be called upon to perform regular or emergent duties.