Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Learn About and Taste Wine -- Make $18/hour!
Do you love wine and want to learn more about it? Do you value working in a fun, stimulating, and friendly environment? Last but not least, do you wish to make a living wage? If you answered yes to these questions, you might be the perfect fit as a Wine Consultant at Table Wine. We are hiring!
Located in South Asheville, Table Wine opened in 2010 and the store focuses on wines from small, family owned and operated wineries from all over the world. The key to our success is outstanding customer service combined with our unique and dynamic selection of wines from smaller producers and highly regarded importers. We are looking for a full-time associate to join our team.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills.
- Good typing and computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Must be able to work all Saturdays.
- Ability to repetitively lift 40 to 50 pound boxes of wine. We sell a lot and carry a lot of boxes to customers' cars.
- Drinks rosé in the winter, and is passionate about wine, food, and people.
- Motivated person who thinks out-of-the-box, doesn’t mind tasting wine at 11:00 a.m., and is looking to further their career in the wine business.
- Fundamental wine knowledge is great, but a desire to learn the many facets of wine is crucial.
- Previous experience in the wine retail and/or the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Hourly rate based on experience. Table Wine is a living wage certified employer.
- Meet the industry’s top winemakers.
- Taste some of the world’s best wines.
- Learn the retail beverage business inside and out.
- Room for growth.
Think you’re the right fit? To apply, please send your cover letter and resume. Only online resumes that include a cover letter will be reviewed for consideration.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Table Wine Asheville opened in August 2010, and quickly established itself as the premiere wine retailer in Asheville, North Carolina. We focus on “wines for the people” and our tagline is “artisanal wines at affordable prices.”
Whether it be vin de table in France, vino da tavola in Italy, vina de mesa in Spain or just table wine in the U.S., every country has its own des...