- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage for full-time team members
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Prudential Life insurance products
- Plus many more!
Givens Highland Farms, a leading nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Black Mountain, has a full-time Maintenance Technician II position available on the Facility Services team. We're looking for someone to be self-motivated, have an exemplary work ethic, an eagerness to learn, good communication skills, and be willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
What you'll do:
- Provide general maintenance services and repairs all facility property
- Respond to maintenance requests and resolving maintenance issues in a timely manner
- Perform routine maintenance as needed
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work as a team member to ensure the quality of facility services
- Assist in maintaining supplies and keeping storerooms clean and organized
- Participate in the "on call" process with other team members for after-hours maintenance needs and emergencies
- Participate in department team by attending meetings, providing input, active participation and support of other department teams on campus
- Perform other duties and/or tasks as assigned
What you'll need:
- A minimum of five years of well-rounded experience in the various building trades, the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose maintenance related issues, possess excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED minimum, Associate or Bachelor's degree in a technical or business field is preferred.
Added plus if the candidate has:
- Previous experience providing maintenance services in a health care setting
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards
- Relevant licenses and/or certifications
Compensation: $17.25 - $19.25 per hour based on skillset and experience, plus our comprehensive benefits package!
Givens Communities operates in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means employees working in our assisted living or skilled nursing facilities must have received their first COVID-19 vaccination by a deadline of January 27, 2022. Requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.