- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage for full-time team members!
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Boot & uniform allowances
- Paid time off (PTO) w/ immediate access to 5 PTO days before your 90 days!
- Referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Prudential Life insurance products
- Over 5 miles of hiking trails to explore and access to our brand new fitness center and pool
- Fast-growing nonprofit with tons of advancement opportunities
- Plus so much more!
Givens Estates , a nationally recognized nonprofit life plan community (continuing care retirement community), located on 215 acres in Asheville, is seeking a full-time, year-round Landscape Crew Member. Reporting to the Landscape Crew Leader, this position will help maintain the appearance of our beautiful campus so that it is presentable at all times and to assure that the highest degree of quality care will be provided to our residents and their surrounding environment. The schedule is four ten hour days, Monday through Thursday, 7am - 5:30pm.
What you'll do:
- Perform duties necessary to maintain an attractive and safe environment throughout campus
- Keep the campus clean and neat by picking up litter, fallen limbs, etc. and cleaning silt from curb
- Assist with turf maintenance, as needed, including trimming on banks and natural areas
- Keep shrub and flower beds clean, weeded, edged, and mulched
- Apply proper Integrated Pest Management techniques
- Prunes shrubs and trees
- Apply fertilizers and pesticides
- Remove fallen leaves
- Assist as directed with snow and ice removal
- Install and maintains trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plant material
- Properly maintains power equipment and hand tools, with the supervision of the Mechanic
What you'll need:
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License
- At least six months experience in a grounds worker capacity
- Exemplary work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- High School or equivalent is preferred
- Additional Technical or Vocational desirable but not required
Compensation: $16.00 - $17.50 per hour based on skills & experience, plus our fantastic benefits package & $1,000 sign-on bonus!
Still curious about what Givens is all about? It's kinda a long story , but at our core, we're a senior housing organization with a lot of heart and committed to providing housing to seniors of all socioeconomic backgrounds across WNC. We already have four communities (two life plan communities and two affordable communities) with plans for many more in the coming years.