Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Our client, a prominent medical office with a strong presence in South Asheville medical office is in need of a Financial Counselor to join their team.
Financial Counselor requires a fundamental knowledge of the company''s collection policy as well as the many different options that a patient may have for financial assistance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Identify patient's eligibility for hardship and start application process.
* Promote the mission, vision and values of the organization when speaking with patients and understand the patient's needs and financial hardships.
* Acquire knowledge of a patient's insurance coverage of benefit limits and communicate it to the patients to make them aware of their financial responsibilities.
* Monitor all customer service calls to ensure completion within required timeframe by staying in compliance to all policies and procedures.
* Constantly monitor, maintain, analyze, and update the financial reports of the patients to ensure that all accounts are maintained at acceptable limits.
* Investigate to identify the obstacles that may be causing delay in the approvals and collecting balance payments.
* Handle all patient contact in a courteous, professional manner.
* Provide timely follow up on payment arrangements with patients.
* Answer patient billing inquires over the phone, face to face or on the portal.
* Set up arrangements/monthly installment plans with patients to pay off balances within the guidelines of the companies collections policy.
* Participate in data gathering for financial reporting.
* Maintain a relationship with our collection agencies and work together to find the best solution for our patients.
* Create detailed notes in the system to reflect all actions performed on an account regarding date and time in which communication was made.
* Maintain confidentiality and privacy of patient and patient records.
* Foster positive interactions among team members and effectively communicate with other departments, as necessary.
* Attend staff meetings to maintain and improve knowledge and skills.
* Perform other Billing department duties as needed.
* Teamwork Orientation
* Ethical Conduct
* Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
* Attention to Detail
* Patient Focus
* Excellent, verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sitting most of the day.
Pay for this position is $15hr - $17hr.
Mon-Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm
Since our founding in Western North Carolina, we have helped 3,447 people find permanent careers. We''d be honored to do the same with you!
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Building Success. Building Hope.
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees.
Founded in 1983, Express annually employs more than 566,000 people across over 800 franchise locations worldwide. Our long-term goal is at the heart of our company's vi...