This job is archived
Job Title: WWBC Program Associate Reports to: WWBC Director
Salary Grade: 5 FLSA Status: Non-exempt Hourly ($18.50/hr)
Location: Asheville Office/Hybrid Remote (Based in North Carolina-near Asheville)
Prepared: November 2021
Who we are: Carolina Small Business Development Fund (CSBDF) is a nonprofit and certified community development financial institution (CDFI). We are passionate and committed to providing support to small businesses across the state. Our Mission is to foster economic development in underserved communities by providing capital, business services, and policy research to support small businesses. CSBDF provides assistance to small business in four major ways: as a partner, as a trusted guide, as an advocate for small business, and as an accessible funding source. Our work supports our vision to create economic opportunity for all people.
Nature of Work: This position is responsible for providing support in all WWBC programming areas. This individual will need to have proficient knowledge of all programs and services in order to assist clients properly. Encourage them to register for trainings, coaching and connection to resources.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proficient knowledge of all WBC loan programs and services to direct clients to proper areas: WBC, Lending, Technical Assistance, trainings or other.
- Coordinates 1:1 coaching sessions between clients and coaches and collect proper SBA required documentation from coaches.
- Works with the Senior Program Associate to monitor class registrations, identify low enrollment classes and decide necessary actions (recruit, advertise, cancel, etc.); ensure that education programs and events are accurately scheduled and implemented.
- Works with Senior Program Associate and Director to maintain a quality instructor pool and identify topic trainings.
- Assists in identifying and suggesting any program, system, and process improvements; implement as appropriate.
- Prepares and coordinates with Director monthly reporting on in-kind match, and overall program effectiveness.
- Facilitates WWBC trainings, and speak on WWBC’s behalf as needed.
- Attends events as WWBC representative and attend meetings as required.
- Responsible for data entry and database management to accurately record client information and outcomes.
- Assists in management of social media platforms as assigned.
- Assists in community outreach activities as assigned.
- Handles all room and special event reservations and maintain log.
Finance Functional Area:
- Participates in the annual SBA audit of client files and reporting with the SBA Regional Area Representative.
- Reviews client session notes and invoices that are provided by WWBC Business Consultants and allocate appropriate grant funding.
- Determines if WWBC clients qualify for TA grants and funding opportunities available and request required documents to ensure eligibility.
Policy and Research Functional Area:
- Functions as a back-up to provide impact and demographic data for grant compliance reports and for CBSDF’s policy and research function on a regular basis and upon special request.
- Provides administrative support to WBC Director.
- Acts as main point of contact for all walk-ins and visitors of the WBC.
- Participates in staff meetings, education, and community events as requested by Management.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to accurately review and record information.
- The ability to interact with diverse stakeholders such as clients, internal staff, funders, government agencies and other stakeholders.
- Driving to and from WBC, events and client businesses as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Associates Degree.
- 2 –3 years of relevant work is a plus.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all. A great attitude and flexibility is a must.
- Must have proficiency in using Microsoft Office, MailChimp, CenterIC, Salesforce, Teams, Zoom, Eventbrite, Survey Monkey, WordPress, etc.
- The ability to manage large volumes of work in a busy office is vital.
- Ability to fluently communicate in Spanish bilingually preferred.
- Work is principally sedentary, but may involve some physical exertion during visits with the course of normal work activities, and travel to meetings, conferences or workshops in other cities. As an exempt employee, extended hours may be required on a frequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to move about the office; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate computers and office equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is required to interact with the general public, small business owners and others.
- Work involves the normal risks or discomfort associated with a standard office environment and is usually in an area that is adequately heated, lighted and ventilated.
- The work is performed primarily in an office or client business setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Travel in a wide geographic area is required approximately 20% of the time. Employee must hold a driver's license and be able to travel outside of the office for meetings, conferences, and other job-related commitments.
- From time to time employee will be expected to hold training events, attend community events, attend out-of-town conferences and represent the organization in addition to the normal business schedule.
We offer a competitive salary that depends on prior experience. Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401k Account with employer match, plus generous vacation and sick time.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.