- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Prudential Life insurance products
- Fast-growing nonprofit with tons of growth opportunities
- Plus so much more!
[Register to View] , a leading nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Black Mountain, NC, is looking to hire a part-time Administrative Assistant to help support our Dining Services team. Reporting to the Director of Dining Services, the Office Administrator will have a fantastic opportunity to work closely with our dining services leaders to complete office administrative duties and directly support a dynamic department that offers amazing food and service. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 2:30pm.
What you'll do:
- Oversee all coordination and formatting of department menus
- Maintain and update the deli and dining room signage, display boards, and announcements
- Responsible for organizing reservations for resident events/meals/private rooms
- Update and maintain the POS system, SDS system, and food labelling system
- Assists in bi-weekly payroll when necessary
- Creates and prints all dining advertisements
- Print and post all department information and announcements in the proper areas
- Coordinate Dining Services leadership meetings and all department meetings
- Oversee department work orders
- Complete end of month resident and department billing
- Code and submit invoices for director signatures, weekly
- Coordinate new resident dining orientation once per month
- Complete of all new hire documentation and department orientation
- Process all department mail
- Manage department staff continued education learning module assignments
- Assist with or complete all other duties that may be delegated or assigned by Department Director or Designee.
- Assist with Heath Care resident meal orders
- Maintain and order office supplies and kitchen supplies as needed
What you'll need:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Proficient knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office
- Minimum of one year experience in an office setting
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
- Superior communication (both oral and written)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt with minimal supervision
Compensation: $17+ per hour based on skillset and experience, and includes the $1,000 sign-on bonus and benefits!
Still curious about what Givens is all about? [Register to View] , but at our core, we're a senior housing organization with a lot of heart and committed to providing housing to seniors of all socioeconomic backgrounds across WNC for more than 40 years. We already have [Register to View] (two life plan communities and two affordable communities) with plans for many more in the coming years.