This job is archived
- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Prudential Life insurance products
- Fast-growing nonprofit with tons of growth opportunities
- Plus so much more!
Givens Highland Farms , a leading nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Black Mountain, NC, is looking to hire a part-time Administrative Assistant to help support our Dining Services team. Reporting to the Director of Dining Services, the Office Administrator will have a fantastic opportunity to work closely with our dining services leaders to complete office administrative duties and directly support a dynamic department that offers amazing food and service. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 8am - 1pm.
What you'll do:
- Oversee all coordination and formatting of department menus
- Maintain and update the deli and dining room signage, display boards, and announcements
- Responsible for organizing reservations for resident events/meals/private rooms
- Update and maintain the POS system, SDS system, and food labelling system
- Assists in bi-weekly payroll when necessary
- Creates and prints all dining advertisements
- Print and post all department information and announcements in the proper areas
- Coordinate Dining Services leadership meetings and all department meetings
- Oversee department work orders
- Complete end of month resident and department billing
- Code and submit invoices for director signatures, weekly
- Coordinate new resident dining orientation once per month
- Complete of all new hire documentation and department orientation
- Process all department mail
- Manage department staff continued education learning module assignments
- Assist with or complete all other duties that may be delegated or assigned by Department Director or Designee.
- Assist with Heath Care resident meal orders
- Maintain and order office supplies and kitchen supplies as needed
What you'll need:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Proficient knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office
- Minimum of one year experience in an office setting
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
- Superior communication (both oral and written)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt with minimal supervision
Compensation: $16 - $17 per hour based on skillset and experience, and includes the $1,000 sign-on bonus and benefits!
Still curious about what Givens is all about? It's kind of a long story , but at our core, we're a senior housing organization with a lot of heart and committed to providing housing to seniors of all socioeconomic backgrounds across WNC for more than 40 years. We already have four communities (two life plan communities and two affordable communities) with plans for many more in the coming years.