Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) In Room Dining Captain (Full Time)
Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.
Ensure proper training, and supervision of all personnel, to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures. Be the Manager on Duty in absence of a Food & Beverage Manager.
- Responsible to answer the phone within three rings.
- Assist in weekly payroll and scheduling responsibilities.
- Perform daily and monthly inventories.
- Audit associates on Moments of Service Standards on a regular basis.
- Ensuring proper tray set up procedures.
- Monitor guest room floors to ensure a successful day to day operation.
- Participate in menu planning and room service specials.
- Participate in Room Service sales promotion.
- Monitor and respond appropriately to feedback from guests.
- Be creative with enhancing or upgrading amenities.
- Create amenities for sales promotion.
- Perform all necessary cashier duties when needed.
- Examine food and beverage preparation.
- Participate in interviewing and training of new associates.
- Must follow prepared scenario to encourage upselling.
- Give the approximate time of delivery for the order.
- Prepare payment of checks.
- Knowledge of food menu and wine list.
- Know and adhere to all liability laws.
- Printing of reports at the end of the shift and banking out.
- Must have knowledge on maintaining, and stocking and ordering product.
- Must have previous Food & Beverage experience, preferably in hospitality.
- High School or GED preferred.
- Must have the ability to multi task.
- Must be able to lead, develop, and train others.
- Must have strong Communication Skills.
- Strong problem solving skills preferred.
- TIPS certification required.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
AUTHENTIC LOCAL FEEL WITH EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE
Omni Hotels & Resorts exists to give guests an authentic feel for the local flavor in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. From exceptional golf and spa retreats to dynamic business settings, each Omni property blends seamlessly into the local culture while featuring four-diamond se...