This job is archived
- Manages all drayage for groups:
- Setting box handling procedures
- Reaching out to groups prior to arrival to plan for services
- Managing exhibit halls/tradeshow vendors with prepayment and scheduling of box receiving/shipping
- Posting charges appropriately for services rendered
- Assists Conference Concierge in their roles when time permits.
- Assists on the conference floor (scheduling is based upon group schedules, including early mornings and late evenings).
- Handles confidential group information (BEO'S, pricing, room rate, guest room numbers and banquet food and beverage pricing).
- Provides timely updates on group issues/opportunities to the DOC/CS and appropriate CSM.
- Remains alert and attentive to guest needs, understanding the image projected represents the total hotel.
- Overcomes guest challenges and complaints in a calm collected manner by listening to the guest. Project the highest ability in solving problems using Power of Engagement training.
- Responds to guest and meeting planner needs in a timely fashion.
- Follows-up with all guests after attending to their problem and ensures the resolution meets their expectations.
- Communicates all necessary information to the hotel departments in a timely and accurate manner via radio, email and/or telephone.
- Provides a daily report to the Hotel (Recap), of any guest service issues.
- Assists guests and co-workers as necessary during an emergency or evacuation.
- Proven customer service skills
- Able to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Prior experience in shipping/receiving preferred
- Familiar with Hotel/Resort environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Delphi and/or Micros experience preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 lbs