This job is archived
- Inspects each function room prior to the event to ensure that both the client's needs are fulfilled and the hotel standards are met.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining contact with each meeting planner (in-house) to ensure that all last-minute requests and changes are provided.
- Meets with banquet house person on a daily basis to insure that uniform codes and personal hygiene requirements are met in accordance with department standards.
- Reviews daily worksheet and assigns specific duties to each banquet House person.
- Review daily Synergy report.
- Inspects each function room prior to, and during breaks to insure that all requirements reflected on the daily worksheets are met. Specific hotel standards must also be fulfilled.
- Organizing and maintaining the back of the house areas to ensure a productive, safe and energy conserving work environment.
- In coordination with the Banquet Setup Manager initiates appropriate disciplinary action for housemen who have committed infractions of the Rules of Conduct as stated in the Omni Hotels Associate Handbook.
- Ensures that all unused rooms are set to department's standards.
- Executes Associate MOS reports on a monthly basis. Provides daily, weekly and monthly performance feedback to the Associates and reports to the Banquet Setup Manager.
- High School Diploma required.
- 2+ years experience as Set Houseman in a high volume, upscale Hotel.
- Must have exceptional guest service skills.
- Ability to stand (long period), stoops, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift.
- Ability to work flexible schedule. (Including weekends and holidays)
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment and have a strong attention to detail.
- Remain calm and professional at all times.
- Be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment
- Must be able to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and use hands and arms.