- Responsible for proper receiving, storing and issuing of all food and beverage products in the food, beverage and general storerooms under the guidance of the storeroom manager.
- Inspect and unpack all merchandise received, and stocks/stores it.
- Assists storeroom manager in keeping the storeroom properly organized by sorting by group as stated by the storeroom manager.
- Assists in pricing and dating with a "pricing gun" all groceries and canned goods; also being aware of the importance of the first in/first out (F.I.F.O.) rotation.
- Strictly adheres to the operating hours of the storerooms.
- Assist storeroom manager in filling General Storeroom requisitions.
- Assist in end-of-month inventories.
- Assists storeroom manager in the inspection of the refrigeration units and brings to his attention any deviation from the set temperatures as well as any deterioration of the quality of the perishables (record temperature on a daily log).
- Responsible for the cleaning of all storerooms.
- To follow/adhere to Omni Hotels operating procedures and local health regulations.
- Start a list for out of stocks/goods not received "items" so that follow-up can be made.
- Verify that no requisitions are left open (all requisitions should be completed and closed out).
- Check and lock all coolers/storeroom doors before departure at end-of-day.
- Must be flexible and able to work am and pm shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to handle repeated lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying 25-30 pounds.
- Must be able to operate a hand truck and pallet jack.
- Should have basic computer operation understanding.