Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.
Responsible for various supervisory functions related to The Spa, to include but not limited to: quality control; associate accountability; Spa profitability; maintaining and preparing line-up notes via emails and meetings; conducting line-up sessions; and timely, professional handling of any adverse circumstances that might arise with guest or associates.
• Present a 5-Star well-groomed, professional appearance and be in full uniform at all times while on property or a work related event as specified in the OGPI employee handbook and Superior Performance Standards of The Spa.
• Perform Quality Assurance measures in each sub-department of the spa to ensure a 5-Star experience for guests. This includes 5-Star Guest Interaction, 5-Star Grooming, Spa 101/102, Spa Services and 5-Star Facility.
• Complete knowledge of the functions of the Concierge, Facility Attendant, and Supervisor.
• Complete a 90 day checklist
• Complete the opening and closing of the facility.
• Prepare scheduling for the Concierge, Facility Attendants, and Supervisors.
• Assist in all spa activities including staff meetings, educational events, workshops, inventory or promotions.
• Assure a pristine environment with all amenities in working order.
• Maintain an effective system of communication with the Administrative team regarding operations, guests, and associates.
• Conduct Monthly All-In meetings and staff meetings for Concierge, Facility Attendants, and Supervisors.
• Assist in overseeing all operations of The Spa during assigned shifts.
• Hold staff accountable for end of shift checklists and assignments through walk-throughs and other means.
• Hold staff accountable for their performance during their shifts, coaching when appropriate.
• Achieve a comprehensive knowledge of all functions of Resort Suite, Synergy, Microsoft Office and Outlook.
• Adhere to all OGPI and departmental policies and procedures.
• Review and resolve all guest opportunities or guest recovery opportunities assigned in a timely basis.
• Represent the Spa as needed at meetings, including stand-ups, departmental meetings and monthly OST.
• Meet with the Director of Engineering, Laundry, Grounds, and Spa as scheduled to discuss and resolve appropriate issues.
• Have a complete knowledge of all Spa services, packages, promotions and retail products presently offered by The Spa with ability to communicate and promote to guests.
• Participate in spa activities including meetings, quality assurance programs, educational events, workshops, inventory or promotions as requested per spa management.
• Remain visible in front of the house guest space, supporting Associate's and Guest's needs.
• Correct and/or contact the proper department to address any immediate problem related to the mechanical, physical function or safety hazard within The Spa in a timely manner.
• Assist in the back of the house operations.
• Anticipate the needs of the guest and the associates.
• Provide initial Supervisor training to all new Supervisors and management level internships.
• Perform MOS training with Supervisors, Concierge, and Facility Attendant associates as needed.
• Conduct one on one and 30-60-90 day conversations and checklist with new Supervisors, Concierge, and Facility Attendants.
• Prepare agendas and contribute/participate in the Concierge/Facility Attendants and Supervisor meetings and trainings.
• Lead the Concierge, Facility Attendant, and Supervisor team on assigned shifts.
• Conduct interviews for the Supervisor position and the Concierge position.
• Act as an advocate for the Concierge, Facility Attendant, and Supervisor team.
• Prepare and update LSOPs and LDOEs.
• Prepare a career plan with the Spa Director
• Complete various daily and weekly reports.
• Assure attendance at sub-departmental meetings.
• Assure attendance at 1) Spa 101, 2) Spa Services, 3) World Class Guest Services and 4) Spa Retail training classes twice. Also GPI History, first aid and CPR.
• Support annual Budget Financial Goals.
• Support annual Departmental Initiatives as presented in Budget Presentation.
• May be asked to represent The Spa at morning or afternoon Stand Up or participate in financial meetings such as, P&L, Rev Merge or Budget Planning
HOTEL SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
• Commitment to and demonstration of The Omni Mission Statement and 6 Pillars.
• Complete in-house orientation program, which covers all policies and procedures as per the manual and associate handbook.
• Have a working knowledge of OGPI general information and history.
• Complete all training provided by The Omni Grove Park Inn & Spa as requested per The Spa management.
• Maintain Guest satisfaction through Medallia program in a timely and efficient manner.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field & experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
• Minimum 4 years supervisory or management experience.
• 2 years Spa or Hospitality experience is a plus, but not required.
• Spa and/or Hospitality Supervisor Certification a plus, but not required.
• A strong knowledge of spa treatments and services, including: massage, wraps, facials, aromatherapy and salon services would be an asset.
• Must be positive, personable and have the ability to get along with others.
• Should be highly service oriented, possess exemplary communication and listening skills, be well organized and have excellent customer service skills.