- To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in/check-out procedures and policies.
- Be familiar with guest scenarios.
- Be familiar with all technical equipment as related to the Front Desk.
- To be familiar with all blocking procedures.
- To be familiar with all appropriate reports/group resumes.
- To be familiar with all available packages.
- To be familiar with general organization set-up and statistical information.
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous hotel front desk experience is strongly preferred
- Previous guest relations training is preferred