Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Grove Park Inn
The AAA Four-Diamond Grove Park Inn is noted for understated elegance and southern charm; ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this hotel. The property offers sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, delectable restaurants, a Donald Ross golf course, tennis and fitness center, award winning spa and spacious convention facilities.
Omni Grove Park Inn's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Grove Park Inn may be your perfect match.
The Sous Chef is responsible for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production outlets.
- Advise the Restaurant Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- Manages employees encompassing culinary, servers and stewarding.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of restaurant unit.
- Carries out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- AAS in Culinary Arts or equivalent from an accredited University or Institute.
- Three to five years Previous Culinary Experience in a high production kitchen.
- Must possess strong organizational, management, culinary, communication, and motivational skills.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of the Food & Beverage/Hospitality industry control procedures.
- Must possess strong background in analytical cost efficiency kitchen management, regional cuisine with all aspects of proper production & presentation methods.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Servesafe Sanitation; ACF Certified preferred.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
AUTHENTIC LOCAL FEEL WITH EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE
Omni Hotels & Resorts exists to give guests an authentic feel for the local flavor in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. From exceptional golf and spa retreats to dynamic business settings, each Omni property blends seamlessly into the local culture while featuring four-diamond se...