- $1,000 sign-on bonus for full-time & part-time team members
- Paid out in increments over the first six months
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage for full-time team members & discounted rates for part-time!
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO) & Referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Lincoln Life insurance products
- Plus many more!
Givens Highland Farms, a leading nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Black Mountain, has a part-time weekend Utility Support position available on the Facility Services team. Hours for this position will be Friday afternoons, Saturday, and Sunday. We're looking for someone to be self-motivated, have an exemplary work ethic, an eagerness to learn, good communication skills, and be willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
What you'll do:
- Acts as supplemental after-hours security
- Keep record of tasks performed
- Assist in keeping campus clean by picking up litter/debris in and around buildings
- Collect trash and recycling from the apartments and healthcare
- Perform on call transportation duties when needed
- Perform other general Grounds/Maintenance duties and routine work orders as assigned
- Respond to fire alarms and reset Pendants/Pull Cords when needed
- Assist EMS personnel. Provide directions or locate residences, and provide other support in emergency situations
- Serve as first responder to maintenance emergency calls. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Unstop toilets
- Turn off water for water leaks
- Reset breakers
- Check heat/air
- Contact maintenance on call if issue cannot be resolved or if consultation is needed.
- Arrange and assist resident/guests in alternate housing as required
What you'll need:
- Must possess a valid and unencumbered North Carolina driver's license
- Minimum 2 years of driving experience
- CPR certification or be able to obtain within 3 months of hire
Added plus if the candidate has:
- Previous experience providing maintenance services in a health care setting
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards
- Relevant licenses and/or certifications
Givens Communities operates in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means employees working in our assisted living or skilled nursing facilities must have received their first COVID-19 vaccination by a deadline of December 5, 2021. Requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered only to the extent required by applicable law.