- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Shift differential pay for nights and weekends
- Additional $1 per hour for Med Tech certification
- Referral Bonus Program
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Over 5 miles of hiking trails to explore and access to our state-of-the-art wellness center
- Plus so much more!
Givens Estates, a nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Asheville, is hiring a PRN (under 20 hours per week) Certified Nursing Assistant/Med Tech (CNA) to help support our assisted living residents. The schedule is for 2nd shift, 3pm - 11pm. This is a meaningful and vital position where you positively impact the lives of our residents, visitors, and fellow team members every day.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting nurses in the care of residents
- Transferring and transporting residents
- Assisting with feeding
- Assisting residents with activities of daily living
- Use of gait belt and proper body mechanics
Qualified candidates will have:
- Active North Carolina CNA/Med Tech
- Current CPR/Heimlich maneuver certification
Compensation: $18 - $20 per hour for PRN plus additional shift differential pay
Why Choose Givens? Our team members have diverse backgrounds and experiences but unite with their passion for serving older adults in Western North Carolina. A focus on residents, helping them feel at home and vital to the community, is what sets our work environment and communities apart.
Givens Communities operates in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means employees working in our assisted living or skilled nursing facilities must be COVID-19 vaccinated. Requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.