TITLE: Scholarship Program Coordinator/Administrative Assistant
POSITION: Part-time (20-35 hrs/week)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director and Director of Community and Agricultural Programs
GENERAL FUNCTION: This position has dual roles: general administrative work to support the overall function of WNC Communities; and the coordination of the George H.V. Cecil Scholarship Program.
BACKGROUND: In 2022, WNC Communities will be expanding the George H.V. Cecil Scholarship Program. The new Scholarship Program Coordinator/Administrative Assistant will start out performing general administrative duties for WNC Communities and providing support to the Executive Director. This new team member will also work under the Director of Community and Agricultural Programs to manage the current program, assist with the development of the new program and eventually assume the full responsibility of coordinating the Scholarship Program. It is expected that the position will start out at 20-25/hours a week and increase as the duties and responsibilities related to the scholarship program increase in the coming year(s).
QUALIFICATIONS: Nonprofit experience, detail oriented, flexible with scheduling and tasks, good communication skills (verbal, written, and listening), computer skills (MS Office, Google Drive, Zoom); website design and social media skills; some travel (in WNC), press release and grant writing skills, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Office Administrative Duties:
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Provide general support to visitors
- Tracking and ordering office supplies
- Attend meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Manage and maintain website and social media
- Support to Executive Director, as needed
Scholarship Program Coordinator Duties:
- Coordinate with WNCC Scholarship Committee to administer regional scholarship program
- Communicate with various stakeholders to ensure that students are well-supported
- Assess and manage program to ensure long-term viability
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We strongly encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply. We encourage our staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Interested candidates can email a resume to: [Register to View]
No calls please.