- Maintains a customer service-oriented mindset and promotes a positive environment.
- Obtain patient demographics at each visit during check in.
- Answer inquires or refers questions to the appropriate staff member.
- Verify patient insurance and collect co-pays and payments for self-pay patients, including cash, checks and credit cards.
- Schedule patient follow up appointments.
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff.
- Responds to inquiries by patient, prospective patients, and visitors in a courteous manner.
- Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized.
- Provide positive customer service to all patients.
- Check patients in or out as they arrive or leave their appointment.
- Make new patient packets and update them as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of patient and patient records.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures and reporting any needed changes.
- Foster positive interactions among team members and effectively communicate with other departments as necessary.
- Attend staff meetings to maintain and improve knowledge and skills.
- Perform other Patient Access duties as needed.
Since our founding in Western North Carolina, we have helped 3,447 people find permanent careers. We'd be honored to do the same with you!