- Monitor collection dollars by Hub to maximize productivity and reduce overall delinquent accounts.
- Make outbound calls and send correspondence to patients in delinquent status.
- Answer/respond to calls and/or correspondence related to patient balances. Analyze and interpret reasons for patient balances from EOB (deductible, co-insurance, co-payment).
- Document all work and calls performed in database system. Recordkeeping of collection and status of accounts. Strong and accurate data entry skills.
- Coordinate patient payment arrangements when possible.
- Record patient payments by phone. Provide receipt upon request.
- Involve Collection Supervisor when additional support is required to perform job duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- One to three years of experience in general office administration and previous collection experience.
- Ability to speak Spanish and previous billing coding experience, a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, and data entry. Familiar with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook as email is an important communication tool.
- Must have ability to communicate professionally and effectively with customers, management, and co-workers.
- Work in a fast-paced office environment and sit for long periods of time in front of computer while talking on the phone throughout entire workday.
- Ability to handle daily stressful situations due to the nature of the job, as well as work independently and stay focused on task at hand.
- Prioritize, problem solve, and multi-task.
- Work closely with other staff to identify, resolve, and share information regarding patient payment trends and problem areas.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Healthcare or related experience required.
Schedule is 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday and pays between $16/hr - $18/hr DOE. Potential remote opportunities but not guaranteed.
Call today to schedule an interview!