Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
A Health Information Management Specialist is needed for a medical office in the Hendersonville area.
Responsible for appropriately and accurately pulling records for patient care, quality review and audits in a timely manner.
Hours M-F Pay rate is $15/hr - $17/hr.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Monitor Company''s fax que daily for patient medical records, test results and referrals.
• Monitor task lists to include inbound, outbound, medical records, medical records pending, direct messages, results, personal list, and Messages.
• Coordinate with Scheduling Department regarding patient referrals.
• Organize and evaluate medical records for completeness and accuracy.
• Receive incoming correspondence and review or forward if needed to appropriate department or staff member.
• Issue medical files to persons and agencies according to laws and regulations.
• Receive calls from patients and healthcare providers.
• Ensure patient charts, paperwork and reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assign patient record to appropriate chart while verifying patient demographics.
• Accurately build new patient charts for new patient referrals.
• Task patient record to appropriate provider or staff member by following established routing procedures.
• Keep health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
• Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
• Prepare copy of records when presented with properly completed medical release forms.
• Complete insurance audits and requests for documents.
• Maintain confidentiality and privacy of patient and patient records.
• Foster positive interactions among team members and effectively communicate with other departments as necessary.
• Attend staff meetings to maintain and improve knowledge and skills.
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Teamwork Orientation
• Ethical Conduct
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
• Attention to Detail
• Patient Focus
• Excellent, verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Building Success. Building Hope.
Express Employment Professionals is a leading staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees.
Founded in 1983, Express annually employs more than 566,000 people across over 800 franchise locations worldwide. Our long-term goal is at the heart of our company's vi...