- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost (Free basic coverage for full-time team members!)
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- On-sight meal & uniform allowances
- Paid time off (PTO) w/ immediate access to 5 PTO days before your 90 days!
- Referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Prudential Life insurance products
- Fast-growing nonprofit with tons of advancement opportunities
- Plus so much more!
The Dining Services Department at Givens Highland Farms, a continuing care retirement community in Black Mountain, is searching for full-time and part-time Line Cooks to join our growing team. The Line Cook will have a unique opportunity to channel their knowledge, skills, ambition, and experience in a meaningful way that directly impacts the lives of our residents and team members.
The shifts available are typically:
Full-Time 11am - 7:30pm Mon-Sat / 8am - 4:30pm Sunday Part-Time 3:30pm - 7:30pm Monday-Saturday / 9am -1:30pm Sunday
What you'll do:
- In collaboration with the executive chef and sous chef, review menus, recipes, and prep lists to determine type and quantities of menu items to be prepared
- Plan cooking schedule so that the finished product reaches the consumer at peak quality
- Cook and present food for residents, guests, and team members
- Fulfilling catering orders for events on campus
- Improving the fine dining experience of residents
What you'll need:
- 6+ months experience in food service operations
- Be thoroughly familiar with foods and preparation methods
- Knowledge of proper methods and cooking temperatures for best utilization in yield of meats and other foods
- Ability to time cooking of vegetables so that their nutritional quality, flavor, and appearance are preserved
- Ability to accurately estimate quantities of food needed and yields from bulk foods
- Knowledge of and an appreciation for principles and requirements of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment
- Grill, sauté, sauces & soups, and meat & fish fabrication experience
- Experience preparing and serving meals in an appealing and appetizing manner
Nice to haves:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current ServSafe Certificate
- Additional technical or vocational training
- Baking experience
Compensation: Starting at $19 - $19.75 per hour, plus the $1,000 sign-on bonus and our comprehensive benefits package!
Givens Communities operates in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means employees working in our assisted living or skilled nursing facilities must have received their first COVID-19 vaccination by a deadline of January 27, 2022. Requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.