- $1,000 sign-on bonus for full-time & part-time team members
- Paid out in increments over the first six months
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage for full-time team members & discounted rates for part-time!
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO), shift differential pay, & referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Lincoln Life insurance products
Givens Estates, a nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Asheville, NC, is hiring a Resident Care Coordinator (RN or LPN) for our Assisted Living Team. We prefer an RN but an LPN with managerial experience will be considered.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Act as team leader and liaison for direct resident care
- Provide supervisory support to assess and implement quality resident care and ensure policies and procedures are followed by all nurses to provide treatment and medications to residents in accordance with physicians' orders
- Provide teaching opportunities as needed to team members or consult with the clinical educator for in-service needs
- Utilize the nursing process as reflected in the use of admission history and assessment, nursing care plans, discharge planning, and evaluation techniques
- Responsible for overall monitoring and supervision of all nursing assistants providing residents with the assistance of ADL's including but not limited to: bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, ambulation, transferring, feeding, and ensuring that needs are met
- Ensure that each resident's care plan is implemented and follow the current resident assessment (MDS)
- Meet documentation requirements in an appropriate time frame
- Coordinates finding team member coverage to cover callouts and participates in the on-call schedule
- Monitors or facilitates the shift to shift reports, huddles, and rounding on the resident population
- Actively participate and accept personal responsibility to ensure the success of the Corporate Compliance Program and enforce HIPAA regulations
Qualified candidates must possess:
- An unencumbered North Carolina nursing license
- An ability to work with minimal direct supervision
Added plus if the candidate has:
- Two years of experience working as an RN or LPN in a long-term care setting
- Supervision experience as an RN or LPN
Compensation based on experience, plus our comprehensive benefits package!
Givens Communities operates in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means employees working in our assisted living or skilled nursing facilities must have received their first COVID-19 vaccination by a deadline of December 5, 2021. Requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered only to the extent required by applicable law.