This job is archived
- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost (free basic/traditional coverage!)
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, and access to our employee assistance program
- On-sight meal discounts and tool/uniform allowance
- Paid time off (PTO) w/ immediate access to 5 PTO days!
- Referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance and professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) and access to AFLAC and Prudential Life insurance products
- Over 5 miles of hiking trails to explore and access to our brand new fitness center and pool
- Fast-growing nonprofit with tons of advancement opportunities
Givens Estates is hiring a full-time Remarketing Coordinator (Maintenance Technician III) to join our Maintenance Team . We're looking for someone self-motivated and organized with excellent communication skills. The Remarketing Coordinator (Maintenance Technician III) is a unique position that bridges the gap between our Sales and Marketing Team and Maintenance Team. This is a lead role in scheduling and coordinating remarketing work, which involves ensuring that vacant residences are ready for occupancy in a timely manner, developing quotes for upgrades, and coordinating and tracking remarket projects with the Maintenance Team and third-party contractors.
What you'll do:
- Operate within the work order process to perform the most skilled residential tasks with minimal supervision and little or no assistance, such as most minor plumbing repairs, light electrical repairs, carpentry skills, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate the residential remarketing renovation work per the timeline established with Marketing Department
- Regularly communicate remarketing schedules/commitments to the Facilities Director, Assistant Facilities Director, Sales and Marketing Director, and Sales and Marketing Project Coordinator
- Ensure vacant residences are ready for occupancy promptly
- Approximately 60% of time should be devoted to the coordination of work, generating quotes, and other administrative work
- Approximately 40% of time should be spent performing the physical work to prepare residences for the next occupant
- Develop quotes for upgrades (Pre-paid options) based on the scope defined by the Sales and Marketing Project Coordinator
- Provide feedback to the Sales and Marketing Project Coordinator on upgrade issues and/or improvements
- Coordinate remarket projects, including third-party contractors
- Determine priorities with input from the Sales and Marketing Project Coordinator and Assistant Facilities Director
- Assist the Sales and Marketing Team with move-in logistics by ensuring moving truck parking is available, elevators are padded, etc.
- Assist in prompt removal of snow and ice from bridges, walkways, and roads, and be available to transport critical staff during inclement weather events
- Able to maintain and operate facility equipment such as generators, fire systems, nurse call systems, wandering systems, etc.
- Advise supervisor of any repairs needed on campus and/or any items to be included in budget preparation
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDS) accordingly
- General building maintenance for assigned areas and performing routine and preventative maintenance responsibilities
- participate in scheduled on-call emergency maintenance requests outside of regular working hours, including some holidays
What you'll need:
- Minimum five years of previous experience in a maintenance worker capacity
- Advanced certification in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, or other maintenance areas
- General skills in carpentry, plumbing, painting, and electrical repairs
- A valid North Carolina Driver's License
- Exemplary work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
- High School or equivalent is preferred
- Additional Technical or Vocational desirable but not required
Compensation: $21 - $23 per hour based on skillset and experience, plus our comprehensive benefits package and $1,000 sign-on bonus!
Still curious about what Givens is all about? It's kind of a long story , but at our core, we're a senior housing organization with a lot of heart and committed to providing housing to seniors of all socioeconomic backgrounds across WNC. We already have four communities (two life plan communities and two affordable communities) with plans for many more in the coming years.