- $5,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage for full-time team members!
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO) & referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Prudential Life insurance products
Givens Highland Farms, a leading nonprofit life plan community (continuing care retirement community) in Black Mountain, NC, is looking to hire a full-time and salaried Registered Nurse (RN) Staff Development Coordinator . Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the primary responsibility will be developing, implementing, and presenting clinical education programs for clinical and non-clinical staff. As part of the nursing leadership team, the Registered Nurse (RN) Staff Development Coordinator will create programs geared toward staff clinical education and maintain compliance with all current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the facility.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with the Health Services Director, Director of Nursing, Home Care Coordinator, Corporate Clinical Educator, and the Training and Development Director to understand training needs of the healthcare and home care staff and develop educational programs accordingly
- Develop, coordinate, and present clinical education programs for all team members working in clinical areas to maintain compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations
- Assist with screening, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding new employees and agency staff in the healthcare center and home care
- Facilitate and maintain new hire credentialing and initial and ongoing license, certification, and credential verification.
- Plan and conduct the nursing department new employee orientation - including TB, Hepatitis B, influenza, COVID, and routine health screenings
- Develop and maintain the nursing department mentor programs
- Conduct skills competency checks for new staff within the first 14 days of employment and annually
- Maintain employee health files in a confidential manner
- Take and maintain SPICE Infection Control Course bi-annually
- Oversee the implementation of the Infection Control and Prevention Program, including but not limited to surveillance, reporting, education, and remediation for outbreaks of various infectious diseases. Report any findings or remediation at QAPI monthly
- Complete SAMSIII Criteria for CDC Reporting for CDiff, Influenza, and COVID
- Maintain implementation of the fit testing program, including annual education and refitting as needed
- Offer, as needed, medication aide, CPR and/or Feeding Assistant classes
- Participate, as requested, with company-wide in-services, committees, and other workshops
- Assure implementation and annual education/review of the Exposure Control Plan
- Participate in performance improvement projects, including maintenance of the monthly fire drill program in accordance with Life Safety Regulation
- Research external programs for student clinical rotation and serve as a liaison
What you'll need:
- Current unencumbered RN license in the state of North Carolina
- Bachelor's degree or higher is preferred
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience in a long-term care facility
- Proficient knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office suite
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
- Superior communication (both oral and written)
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and adapt with minimal supervision
Added plus but not required if the candidate has prior experience in education
Compensation is a competitive salary based on your experience and skillset and includes our comprehensive benefits package!
Givens Communities operates in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means employees working in our assisted living or skilled nursing facilities must have received their first COVID-19 vaccination by a deadline of January 27, 2022. Requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.