This job is archived
- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage!
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Prudential Life insurance products
- Over 5 miles of hiking trails to explore and access to our state-of-the-art wellness center
- Plus so much more!
Givens Estates , a leading nonprofit life plan community (continuing care retirement community) located in beautiful Asheville, NC, is seeking a full-time Financial Operations Coordinator to join our Financial Operations Team. While reporting to the Givens Communities Corporate Controller, this position is crucial in helping us maintain organized and efficient day-to-day processes. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5pm. This is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented person that enjoys customer service and doesn't mind prioritizing and multitasking. Does this sound like you?
What you'll do:
- Serve as the initial point of contact for resident and team member inquiries regarding financial operations
- Provide support to the Financial Operations team by assisting with day to day responsibilities
- Complete data entry and related tasks for billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll
- Perform insurance verifications for residents
- Manage cash receipting and petty cash processes
- Oversee departmental source document retention
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain adequate supplies for department work area and place orders when needed
- Provide administrative support and assist with calendar management for the CFO and Corporate Controller
- Send notices and coordinate details for various meetings and take meeting minutes as needed
- Provide phone relief support for reception in rotation with other administrative support team members
What you'll need:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Data entry proficiency and attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
- Experience in an administrative support role is preferred
- Strong technology proficiency with knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office
- Accounting and database management experience
- Superior communication (both oral and written)
- Ability to exercise discretion when handling strictly confidential information
- Exemplary customer service skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and adapt with minimal supervision
Compensation is competitive and based on your experience and skillset and includes our comprehensive benefits package!
Still curious about what Givens is all about? It's kinda a long story , but at our core, we're a senior housing organization with a lot of heart and committed to providing housing to seniors of all socioeconomic backgrounds across WNC. We already have four communities (two life plan communities and two affordable communities) with plans for many more in the coming years.