WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Advice from experts in fields related to career and job search topics
- Articles that offer a fresh, interesting take on career advancement, management, or the job search (think “5 Fun New Ways You’ve Never Thought to Network,” not “Why You Should Network”)
- True stories about unique, original ideas that landed you the job or the promotion
- Actionable, tips-based pieces, expert-backed trends pieces, and personal stories that are positioned as advice to our readers
- Strong writing that matches our voice and style (think professional, smart, and SFW, but fun, fresh, and conversational)
WHAT WE PASS ON
- Basic stuff, à la “5 Hard Interview Questions.” If you could find it on every other career site out there, it’s probably not for us.
- Articles targeted to college students, entrepreneurs, or business owners
- Lifestyle content (food, fashion, makeup)
- Anything overly (or even subtlely) promotional of a specific company or brand
- Anything with unnatural inline links (sorry, we don’t accept guest posts from writers who work to place links for a brand or company.)
- Content that has been published elsewhere
- Anything that sounds too formal
- A bit about you: Tell us about yourself, the experiences you have to share, and why you’re the right person to write this article.
- Your idea: Pitch us your article idea. Tell us the title, write out a sample introduction, and then briefly outline how you would approach the rest of the piece, including any experts or sources you would include. Please don’t send a full draft.
- Links: Send us 2-3 samples of your previous writing. (If you’ve never written before, consider the pitch above your writing sample.)
- Your LinkedIn Profile: The internet’s a wacky place and we want to make sure you are who you say you are. The best way for us to do that is to take a look at your profile.
NOW, LET’S GET STARTED!
Note: This form is for editorial submissions only. It is not for job submissions or account support. If you need to reach us for support as either a job seeker or employer – please contact us here.
We are a locally owned and operated business dedicated to helping job seekers find great opportunities for their career in beautiful Asheville North Carolina and the surrounding region. AshevilleJobs.com is a part of the LocalJobs Network.